When requesting an academic, housing or dining accommodation, it is important that you provide written documentation of a disability.

Documentation should be current (typically within one year). Doctor’s excuses on prescription pads and handwritten notes do not qualify as documentation. Information will be kept confidential and will be utilized only to determine eligibility for accommodation or services, and the type of accommodations or level of service required. 

All documentation must be prepared by a qualified impartial professional (psychologist; neuropsychologist; psychiatrist; other relevantly trained medical doctors) with experience and expertise in the area for which accommodations are being requested. Documentation cannot be from a family member. Documentation must be written on official letterhead, including the professional's name, license/certification/degree, area of specialization, employment, address, phone, signature and date.

All documentation should include recommendation for accommodations and services to help the student maximize the potential of their educational experience.

See below for more specific guidelines: