We are led by an accomplished group of administrators who are passionate about the mission of Emerson College and have backgrounds relevant to our areas of study.
The President’s Council consists of Emerson’s executive-level leaders. They are responsible for the overall governance of the College and the success of our students.
- William Gilligan, Interim President
- Paul Dworkis, Vice President for Administration and Finance
- James Hoppe, Vice President and Dean of Campus Life
- David C. Howse, Stephen G. Langley Chair & Vice President for the Office of the Arts; Executive Director, ArtsEmerson
- Margaret Ann Ings, Interim Vice President for Government and Community Relations
- Ruthanne Madsen, Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Jan Roberts-Breslin, Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Anne Shaughnessy, Vice President and Chief of Staff
The deans of Emerson’s various schools are the College’s academic leaders. They are responsible for shaping our curriculum and ensuring our artists and communicators succeed in the classroom.
- Amy Ansell, Dean of Liberal Arts
- Brent Smith, Interim Dean, School of Communication
- Kim McLarin, Interim Dean, Graduate and Professional Studies
- Robert Sabal, Dean, School of the Arts