With Emerson’s Journalism MA you will learn the core values of a profession that’s crucial to protecting democracy. Starting day one you will hit the streets and report and produce stories in text, audio, and video format.
Throughout your program you will collaborate with your peers in a state-of-the-art newsroom and production facility, gaining hands-on experience working with industry-standard tools.
Program highlights include:
- No GRE requirements to apply
- 13-month full-time program or 2-year-long part-time program
- Faculty mentors who have built successful careers at CNN, CBS, NPR, The Washington Post, and more
- Hybrid program format, with the program beginning and ending 100% online with residence only required for the Fall and Spring semesters
- Access to a state-of-the-art newsroom and production facility
- Internship opportunities at a professional news organization
- An Emerson-provided CreativityKit that includes the latest industry-standard technology
Meet Your Admission Counselor
Muzhgan BekdasPronouns: (She/Her/Hers)Assistant Director, Graduate Admissionsmuzhgan_bekdas@emerson.edu
- Department Graduate Admission
Program Support: Creative Writing, Popular Fiction, Publishing and Writing, and Journalism
Graduate Journalism MA Program Pop Up Chat
April 12, 2023, 12:00 p.m. EDT
Get in the know! Join us for a quick Journalism pop-up information session. During this 15-minute event, you'll get the chance to hear from the Admissions Counselor, Muzhgan Mia Bekdas and the Graduate Program Director, Tim Riley about the 5 most frequently asked questions students have about the program. We hope to see you there!